Is Your Service Or Products Targeting The Correct Market Of Customers?
The common problem Target Marketing is that people don’t spend time creating the perfect avatar.
Target Marketing involves breaking a market into segments and then concentrating your marketing efforts on one or a few key segments consisting of the customers whose needs and desires most closely match your product or service offerings.
Before you can start doing ‘The 3 Main Activities’ to build your business online you must be sure what you stand for, who you are and who you serve (Brand & Target Market) then you can start creating content to solve their problems.
You must be asking what are these tips?
It’s an exercise that will help you identify you’re target market. few precious questions you need to ask yourself before creating content.
- Create your customer wish list and describe who is your perfect customer in detail
- What is your service, product and what trying to sell?
- What is your customer’s worldview ( like. are their interests, concerns, problems, and goals. ) very important to define and research.
- What’s your customers’ language?. Lists what keywords & terms they would use in everyday life & business when searching around online. (Tip – put yourself in their shoes & mind)
- The last piece you must do is ‘How does your product or service solve the concerns, interest problems and goals help them? Look back at the question 3.
Few others actions you need to do – Check out your competition & Choose specific demographics on where what, who, your audience hangs out.
Customer profiles require two types of research:
- Demographics — physical characteristics, including age, gender, education, occupation, and income
- Psychographics — behavior and beliefs, including personality, hobbies, style, and humor
Both these must be used in combination in order to create your avatar. Physical characteristics like age and gender can’t tell you exactly what drives a customer to your business.
Understanding their values, however, and the problems they’re trying to solve will help you answer this.
- Finance Income
- Physical Characteristics (body type, hairstyle)
- Favorite TV shows, music, websites, or media
- Spending habits
- FB groups
Customer Profile Example:
Here’s an example of what a customer profile looks like (This example is for people who started working from home/online)
Description – Parents Who want to spend more time with family or just work part-time
Age Range – 30-50
What’s most important to them – Family values and wanting to leave a legacy for children. Want to be there for children and not rely on others to look after them. Or just want to earn enough people to can’t down to part-time hours, pay for mortgage etc ( The list could go on)
How to market to them- If you’re a parent you can share how you got started online and struggles you had first started online / What went well in your company and how you started earning part-time income
If you have an email list you can target parents via email marketing, Facebook can be used to gather local & around the world customers / Teambuilding
Preferred channels – Facebook groups within their hobbies. Facebook Story Ads (you can really target customer), Twitter, Video Marketing (Youtube), Parents Forums.
Once you completed this exercise you will then have an avatar of your ideal customers, the next step is to build content to serve them!
If you got any value from this post I appreciated if you share with others or comment below, I read all comments and reply back.
Until then have an outstanding day
Connect and message me on Facebook
Ps, What to learn more about how to create content for customers and how to market correct way to gain leads click here!